Okay, okay, I know you are all dying to see photos of the kitchen makeover. After much deliberation (and sampling Benjamin Moore's Pale Avocado and Sweet Caroline), I decided to paint the kitchen Richmond Gray, which is a shade lighter than Sag Harbor Gray, which I was originally imagining for the living room. Turns out that the brighter greens appeared too bluish-cold against my red-orange counter tops, whereas the gray actually has a warming effect. It's so hard to see how green the wall is in the photos, but the results are lovely, and provide a subdued backdrop for my red, orange, and green accessories. A few highlights:
- Note the original Oh So Lovely Peach-colored paint, discovered behind the stove. This picture also shows off the greenness of the Richmond gray best, since you can see the peach, white, and strip of gray next to each other.
- Also, take a look at photograph of my cabinets, before and after a fresh coat of wood stain!
- Finally, check out my new appliances: a microwave, toaster oven, and RED rice cooker.
Having posted these, I realize that there aren't any panoramic views of the entire kitchen AFTER. I'll have to take some more pictures during our next sunny day.
I like your colorful accoutrements - and your cool old red phone!
ReplyDelete