Monday, May 10, 2010

Biodegradable Carpet or Reclaimed Hardwood: That is the question.

Haven't posted for quite a while, though I've continued to make improvements and changes. The latest project I've decided to tackle is re-flooring the spare bedroom. I'd hoped to re-floor the entire 2nd floor within the next few years; but (unfortunately), the condition in which my prior roommate left the carpet has accelerated this project - especially since I'm hoping to find a new roommate by the end of the month!

Keeping in line with green, sustainable improvements, I'm headed over to Common Ground Green Building Center, to price flooring options and pick up samples. Yay! 

At the moment, the choice is between bamboo, reclaimed hardwood, or biodegradable carpet. A brief survey of friends and family has unanimously voted for hardwood -- better for allergies, easier maintenance, and beautiful!


Looking forward to the parents (aka free labor) visiting next week to help out!

No comments:

Post a Comment