Sunday, October 18, 2009

"Before" Photos: The other half of the kitchen



In my previous post, I forgot to post photos of the other half of my kitchen, which includes a not-yet-organized dining area.  So far, I've been using this space to collect all the things on my to-do list:
  1. Land line phone: I need a cordless phone for the wall, but since I have DSL, I'll also need a filter. Eventually, I can move my red phone and answering machine to my office/living room, but I also need to buy a splitter.
  2. Recycling: Turns out that homes don't come with "how-to" manuals, so I'm still trying to figure out where, when and how to take out my recycling. I found an overturned blue recycling bin in my back yard, covered with dirt. I think that might be mine. Until then, I've been sorting my recycling into leftover moving boxes.
  3. Veruca (my red bike) has two flat tires: One of the tubes needs to be replaced, so I need to find a good local bike shop. Also, I might want to buy a less expensive bicycle for commuting to/from school. Veruca prefers to live indoors and I'm not confident about locking her up on campus.
  4. Kitchen table: As is evident from the photo, I currently have a makeshift table, which I rarely use for dining. I'd been holding off on looking for a table and chairs until I knew my roommate situation. Now, it's time to start looking.
  5. Plants: At least half of my plants didn't survive the move. The other half didn't survive the kitties. Cricket and Oliver made it clear that they don't mind houseplants -- in fact, they love digging in the dirt and chewing the flower petals! I need to find a way for all living things to co-habitate under one roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment