Previous occupants had repaired an old leak by nailing plywood over a hold in the ceiling of the laundry room. There was also a shoddy drywall repair job on one of the walls. Finally, the laundry room smelled "earthy" to me, and I suspected there was still some moisture or rotting hidden behind the machines.
So, I awoke one day to find the washer and dryer disconnected and the plywood and drywall ripped apart. There had, in fact, been a leak from the upstairs bathroom; but it wasn't from any of the plumbing, it must have been from an overflowing toilet or tub. As a result, the inside of the wall had become moldy, which it what I smelled. So, my dad replaced the rotted and missing drywall, re-plastered and painted the walls and ceiling (isn't the original peach color lovely?), built and installed new shelving, and reconnected the washer and dryer. My mother cleaned the appliances, inside and out, before putting them back. Et Voila!
Adventures in Michigan!
12 years ago

I cannot WAIT to see more pictures. What colors did you eventually paint in kitchen, bath, etc.? Oh please please PLEASE send your dad my way on his next holiday...I have said so many times that if he and I were a team, we'd be dangerous! Pictures of the utility room remodeling got me motivated again! My dry wall compound is sitting at the ready in my dining room as we speak!!! "Get the ladder!!!!!"
ReplyDelete