Friday, November 6, 2009

New Kitchen Furniture

This weekend is the final week of 2009 Kitchen Cure, which I am marking with the purchase of new kitchen furniture. Tomorrow, I am acquiring two craigslist finds: a kitchen table (and chairs) and a kitchen cart (CL pictures below.) I wasn't originally looking for a cart, since I don't need more cabinet storage, but I am looking forward to the extra counter space. Yesterday, I made panacea vegetable soup, and found myself needing more room to prepare vegetables and such. Also, since I am hosting my parents for a week for the Thanksgiving and My Birthday holidays, I've been looking for an attractive, modestly-size kitchen table. Ideally, I would have preferred an round table that extends; but the table I'm purchasing is simple, functional, and perfectly suits the space I have.


2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...have you found a place for the cart? I am thinking the small wall where the black shelves once were....but then where do the kitties eat? Seriously, I am sure you will find many occasions where that cart and it's work surface will serve you well. I like your table and agree that it works well in the space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're on the same page, Aunt C! (see my newest post) The kitties meal station has been moved to the area in front of the sliding doors, to the left of my washing machine. It's not underfoot, since I rarely use my deck; though that may change if when I get some outdoor furniture or start using a vermi-culture bin. Once I sort out my recycling situation, and get a wall-mounted phone, I'll have plenty more workspace. Fortunately, the Kiddos™ are flexible and they'll eat wherever I put their bowls. :)

    ReplyDelete