I love the whimsy and boldness of the tile-work in this Charleston home, featured in Apartment Therapy DC's recent gallery. The first image is a children's bathroom, but I doubt I'll have the time or money to invest in gutting my own bathroom and installing a new tile shower or floor. The second image shows a tile-topped table, which would make an easier, more portable project for my kitchen.
Step 1) Find a table from craigslist or thrift that would look attractive with a tiled top.
Step 2) Establish a color palette. Been there, done that.
Step 3) Make nice with some local flooring contractors or tile distributers, and see if they'll throw a surplus tile or two my way.
Btw, don't you love the barn door in the second picture? Another future project perhaps: separating the kitchen from the rest of the house for cat-free cooking and outdoor patio entertaining.
Adventures in Michigan!
12 years ago


Yay Holly Jo!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for you and will be eager to see how you decide to paint, decorate and accessorize!
You and Dad can expect many more "home improvement" vacations in your future. :)
ReplyDelete